At My Pool Builders we understand that the cost of your new pool or renovation is important. We know that it is difficult to find a straight answer on the internet. We also know it’s frustrating to hear, “it depends.”
We thought that instead of telling you it depends (because it does), or some wide range (projects start at $60K and have gone over $250,000), we would give you a bit more detail on what affects the cost of your swimming pool.
Let’s start with what’s included in the average cost of a swimming pool:
- Digging of pool and all materials needed to run all required utilities
- Installing self cleaning pool system
- Installation of Shotcrete
- Installing standard pool coping – brick, rock, travertine, concrete
- Installing standard 6 x 6 water line tile. Some tiles like glass and mosaics are extra
- Pebble finish throughout the pool
- Warranty servicing
As you can see, there is a lot more that goes into a swimming pool than just the pool. Items such as design, permitting, and ground preparation are often overlooked, but are critical aspects of a successful swimming pool installation. This is why the cost of a swimming pool is more than just the pool itself.
In addition to these aspects, there are other design and material considerations that affect the cost of a swimming pool. These include:
- Size and shape of pool
- Adding a spa
- Finish materials
- Equipment requirements and variations – Is only 1 pump needed or 2, Is it heated, etc.
- Optional accessories – Fire and/or water features like water falls, water spouts, bubblers. In pool loungers and/or umbrellas, Slide etc.
This of course is simplified, as within each one of these areas you have a myriad of choices. It’s exactly why we recommend requesting an estimate and complimentary pool design. When it comes to the pool of your dreams, you don’t want to go with a one size fits all package – you want the pool of your dreams from My Pool Builders.